Now in it's 6th year, the Australian HR Law Masterclass conference covers all the key aspects of employment law featuring 12 expert lawyer speakers in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Canberra. Over 3,000 delegates have benefited by attending this series since 2014.
HR and workplace issues are increasing in prominence and complexity – from new approaches to talent management, mental health, terminations, workplace investigations, bullying, harassment, and other forms of inappropriate workplace conduct.
Adopting and integrating strong policies and practices around health and wellbeing - both physical and psychological – is also becoming an increasingly important mandate for employers to ensure a healthy, engaged and productive workforce.
Additionally, employers and HR professionals are dealing with new accessorial liabilities, the advent of adverse actions, and ensuring a more systematic approach to compliance. Then, there are potential changes to expect, post-election.
The HR Law Masterclass conference is literally a masterclass in all the key aspects of employment law: hear from and engage with 12 lawyers in your city. Over 3,000 delegates have benefited by attending this series since 2014.
Our focus is on learning outcomes, and a real value-add is you receive copies of the presentations in your city, and a workbook to use back in the office.
What's new, and key themes:
- NEW TOPIC: Reducing personal implications for HR professionals: Vicarious, Accessorial & Ancillary Liabilities
- NEW TOPIC: Recent and emerging compliance requirements: Changes to casual and part-time entitlements; Independent contracting arrangements; & Future work models
- NEW TOPIC: Managing difficult employee behaviour
- COMBINED SESSIONS, REDUCING OVERLAP: Psychological injury claims risk; Injury management and Return-to-Work
- COMBINED SESSIONS, REDUCING OVERLAP: Bullying, harassment and sexual harassment
- Workplace mental health and wellbeing – practical insights for managing complexities
- Workplace investigations - Terms of reference, fairness, confidentiality, procedures and defensible outcomes
- Adverse Actions, General Protections and protected rights - The game changer in Australian employment law
- Terminations and unfair dismissal claims – Avoiding common pitfalls
Cities & Dates:
Brisbane: March 12 |
You can book
the add-on Performance Management Processes & HR Risks workshop too!Sydney:
March 21 |
You can book
the add-on Performance Management Processes & HR Risks workshop too!
NEW ADD-ON DAY:
The Performance Management workshop provides in-depth practical and legal insights for properly managing a range of performance processes, reduce risks, and help you manage negative implications of performance management or performance improvement.
Brisbane: March 11 | Sydney: March 13 (sold out) | Melbourne: March 19 (sold out) | Perth: March 19 (sold out) | Canberra: March 20